Check-list of things to do
No. 1 Don’t Panic!
Ask friends to help – it’s suprising what talents are available in any community when you ask around.
First – practicalities:
- Costs and getting Funding
- Does venue have Disabled Access?
- Who is Day for and why?
- Which companies/charities/services/therapists to invite
- Car parking
- Will you need to tell the Police e.g. if there might be a big lorry delivering/lots of cars arriving at once, etc.
- How will you advertise the event?
- Who will spread the word to visitors?
- Decorating the venue
- Do you want Medical professionals to come?
- Do you need friends/staff to ‘man’ stands?
- What about welcoming greeters?
- Go-fers to set out tables/chairs
- What notices will you need, and who will put them up?
- Running a tombola/raffle and how to get prizes
- Keeping Venue tidy
- Clearing up afterwards
- Thank you letters
No. 2 Make a master Check list
you can put somewhere easy to see – when in a panic you can find it easily for reassurance
No. 3 Confirm Venue