These have already signed up to be at the
Wellness Day in Dorchester-on-Thames Village Hall
on Friday April 12th 1100 – 1600 in Dorchester-on-Thames
- Age UK Oxfordshire‘s physical activity service runs a wide variety of exercise sessions across the county. 35 of our classes are Strength & Balance exercise classes that aim to prevent falls and work on improving strength & balance.
People can be referred by their GP or healthcare professional to this type of class. In addition, we have a particular focus on long-term health conditions such as Parkinson’s, COPD, MS and run specific exercise sessions. A home exercise DVD is also available to Oxfordshire residents free of charge. www.generationgames.org.uk01235 849403
- Bosom Friends Breast Cancer Support
- Isabelle Brough Oncology Massage, Soft Tissue Therapy, Restorative exercise ” I am an oncology massage practitioner with the Middlesex School of Complementary Medicine as well as a soft tissue therapist and a restorative exercise specialist (having trained with biomechanist and author of books on human movement and diseases of captivity Katy Bowman). I decided to study oncology massage when a young client I helped walk again after brain cancer surgery had a relapse in March 2018. I can offer massage therapy and also teach correctives exercises based on alignment and natural movement that can easily transfer into the way we use our bodies in daily life. Based in a quiet, rural location in Harpsden (RG9 4HH), near Henley-on-Thames. Costs: 1/2 hour : £30 1 hour session: £50 Website: www.isabellebrough.weebly.com Facebookpage: www.facebook.com/SoftTissueTherapyInHenley/Email: email@example.comMobile: 07806 792880
- Dermatologist Talk by Dr.Louise Fairfield of Chelsea and Westminster and Royal Marsden NHS Hospitals
- Flexitol Moisturising Foot Cream is enriched with Vitamin E, and contains 10% Urea, in a rich and highly concentrated base, to soften and hydrate very dry skin. This gentle, rapidly absorbed formula is suitable for use by those prone to very dry feet and legs. Flexitol Heel Balm is medically proven to provide relief from dry, cracked skin on heels and feet. (symptoms of foot anhidrosis). It is a highly effective formulation containing 25% Urea, as well as other skin nourishing ingredients, designed to deeply penetrate into the skin for intense moisturisation and hydration.
- Haddenham Healthcare Lymphoedema care
- Healthwatch Oxfordshire is an independent health and social care watchdog. It exists to listen to your experiences of health and social services in Oxfordshire so that together we can help to improve the services upon which most of us rely. We also provide information in plain English so that you can find your way round the health and social service system. telephone 01865 520 520. email firstname.lastname@example.org website is www.healthwatchoxfordshire.co.uk where you can also leave feedback on local health and care services by clicking on the ‘Leave Feedback’ option.
- Look Good Feel Better is a wonderful organisation offering free confidence boosting skincare and make-up Workshops and Masterclasses for those with cancer (Men and Women), across the UK for people undergoing treatment for any type of cancer. Led by LGFB Beauty Volunteers, the sessions are an opportunity to meet others in a similar situation whilst being taught vital skills such as how to draw on missing eyebrows and eyelashes. Participants get a fantastic Goodie Bag of top quality cosmetics (I am still using some of mine). They have also created lots of online tutorials for those who are unable to attend one of their sessions or who would like some extra advice.
- National Farmers’ Union (NFU) is the leading trade association for commercial farmers & growers www.nfuonline.comencouraging the sourcing of British food by buyers within the retail, food service, government and wholesale sectors. An NFU recipe book showcasing farmers will be given to the first 150 visitors, outlining the many reasons for buying British food. Join our campaign: www.nfuonline.com/back-british-farming With more and more emphasis on ‘eating healthily’, Nutritionists emphasise how important it is to eat healthily. To do this means eating as much locally-grown food as possible, ensuring plants are grown organically, eggs are free-range and anything else you eat has been produced locally to cut down on ‘food miles’. British Farmers produce a huge variety of quality food to the highest standards, and as a bonus manage our beautiful countryside. Under their logo Trust The Tractor – look for the Red Tractor when shopping. Food and drink bearing this logo has been produced responsibly to world-class standards. The Union Flag denotes the ingredients come from a British farm. Find out more: www.redtractor.org.uk
- SimPal is the only cancer charity in the World offering free pre-paid sim cards for people living with cancer. Support provided by simPal is completely free for up to six months and non-means-tested. Our aim is to keep those living with cancer connected during their most challenging times. If you or someone you know is living with cancer, you can apply by calling 0800 567 7890 and speaking to one of the team. Their aim is to help cancer patients stay in touch with family, friends and medical team without having to worry about the cost of paying for a Sim card.
- Vita Magazine The Magazine of Breast Cancer Care are providing free copies of both the current (Winter) issue and the previous (Summer) issue. If you need any other information, you can order our publications for free using this link: https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/publications/download-order Helpline cards also availabl in case anyone feels they need some additional support, they can always call our Nurses. From research to care, our new charity will have people affected by breast cancer at its heart – providing support for today and hope for the future.Read more at breastcancercare.org.uk/united