TWO DADS DEVELOP A NON-THREATENING MASK
When two dads from Surrey found themselves reassuring their children that masks should not be seen as frightening, and were being worn for safety, they both decided that there must be a better option than the opaque masks we were all wearing.
And they came up with the XULA MASK. A semi-transparent covering that shows your smile!
- 25 million UK citizens have hearing impairment, learning disabilities, mental health problems, autism and panic attacks.
- Poor air quality – exhaled air which contains 82% nitrogen & carbon dioxide is re-inhaled by the wearer as it can’t escape
- Excessive heat build-up which leads to poor skin conditions & other medical issues such as panic attacks and anxiety
- Fogging of glasses
- Cotton masks –tend to offer lesser levels of bacteria filtration protection (average cloth mask delivers between 0.7% to 70% BFE protection)
- PPE – considerable environmental impact as they need to be changed regularly to ensure they remain effective as soon as they become moist from water droplets found in breath. The filtration layers start to break down & become less effective. According to Science Daily studies estimate 129 billion face masks are used globally every month. There are also growing fears dumped face masks could become the ‘next plastic problem’.
Tony Wild and Martin Lovatt set out on a mission to source a mask that could be developed, one with proven independent certification, that would be more effective against COVID-19 and provide a long-term solution against other respiratory viruses.
I have had polio, which makes breathing difficult. Road-testing the Xula mask this week, I found I could breathe freely, and it was reassuring to know people could see if I were smiling.
As Tony Wild says, “the masks are treated with HeiQ Viroblock, an intelligent coating designed in Switzerland, the masks are 99.9% effective against COVID-19 & other viruses. They are also 95% effective at filtering viruses and bacteria (BFE), and 96% effective at blocking airbourne viral particles. The masks are 95% effective at blocking the type of respiratory droplets that come from sneezing and coughing. All XULA masks are made in Spain, re-washable and independently tested at Amslab, a leading approved testing facility in Spain.
XULA masks are constructed from cutting-edge transparent filtering fabric which means users can easily see each other’s facial expressions, emotions, whilst remaining protected. This gives enormous benefits to deaf and hearing-impaired users who need to be able to lip-read in order to communicate effectively
- Certified & comply with European regulations UNE0065
- Light, comfortable ergonomic design
- High Breathability
- Anti-bacterial protection
- Anti-fog and water-repellent
- Reusable up to at least 40 washes
- Environmentally friendly
- £14.95 (last for up to 40 washes)