Ways excess weight sneaks up
The majority of us pile on the pounds when taking cancer drugs; it comes with the territory.
‘Culprit foods’ we grab to give us a quick lift when we need a snack could be to blame, according to the Daily Mail.
The bad news is that over-eating by even 50 – 100 calories per day (known as calorie creep) can lead to weight gain.
This got me thinking, and as a reminder I am keeping this list of calories in front of me, showing content of my favourite snack foods, to remind me how much I am piling on the hips when I open the fridge door!
- Brazil Nuts = 30 calories each
- Glass red wine (250mll) = 211
- 1 Apple = 95
- 1 x 7″ carrot = 30
- 1 stick celery = 10
- 1/2 Avocdo = 160
- Medium slice white bread = 93
- Muller corner yoghurt = 150
- Popcorn (30g sweet and salted Butterkist) = 156
- Walkers Ready Salted Crisps (25g bag) = 132
- Lindt Dark Chocolate 1 square = 50 – 60
- Green and Black’s 15g mini dark bar = 83
- Hovis Digestive biscuit = 57
- Fruit Smoothie 250ml = 125 – 150
- 250ml glass tomato juice = 45
- Kallo chocolate covered rice thin cake = 116
Depressing how it all adds up (except for celery!)
Make your own list
Stick the list up on the fridge door, and it’s amazing how that celery stick seems to leap out at me every time I pass by!