What’s happened to the promised 40 new hospitals?.
Whitehall casually tossed out this sop to us, with the Dept. Health (DH) saying plans were in hand for these new additions.
- ‘New’ has been redefined to include refurbishment and alterations to old hospitals.
- Of the 40; 22 are rebuilding projects.
- 12 are new bits, grafted on to existing hospitals.
- Three are for non-urgent care.
- There are only three ‘new’ hospitals… two general hospitals and one non-urgent care hospital.
- DH+ imbroglio in this misdirection say; ‘”we have committed to build 48 hospitals by 2030, backed by an initial £3.7bn”… actually, to build a new hospital costs half a billion.
Well, Roy is an expert, having worked in the NHS
Why do they do this?
OK – there is a shortage of building materials, construction workers, etc. but has anyone seen a work site?
Or are the planned hospitals ghost establishments?